Year 11 Leavers' Assembly
Due to the government announced school closures from Monday, we have taken the decision to give the Year 11s their Leaver’s Assembly much earlier than anticipated and it will take place tomorrow.
Please see the information below and make sure your daughter is aware of the points on uniform and phone use particularly.
- Students who are currently self-isolating are not permitted to attend school tomorrow and must continue to follow government self-isolation guidelines to help protect our wider school community.
- Students should come to school tomorrow in their usual uniform, not customised/ripped uniform. The reason we say this is because if student exams are rescheduled for a later time in the event that schools reopen sooner than expected then they will be expected to come in in full uniform to sit these exams, as already discussed with the students by Mrs Durrett earlier in the term. Anyone coming in in ripped/painted/customised uniform will be turned away on the gate and not permitted to attend school or the leaver’s assembly.
- Students may sign shirts from break time tomorrow- not before. Students doing this before break will not be allowed to join the leavers assembly.
- Students may also wish to bring in a little notebook from home, for friends to write messages in. These books can be signed during tutor time, at break and after assembly.
- Students will be allowed to use their phones after the assembly to take photos with classmates and friends whilst in the hall. Students found using their phone before the assembly will be in EU as per usual and will miss the leavers assembly.
- More information about hoodies, year books and prom will be sent to students in the next few weeks, so please ensure your daughter checks her student school email.
We would like to reassure parent/carers and students that the Year 11 team are working very hard to give the best send-off we can for the students at extremely short notice- but we also need the students to play their part and follow these guidelines so everyone can have a lovely, enjoyable day.
Ms Kelly-Smith and the Year 11 team.