Oxbridge and Russell Group
For those students wishing to apply for to university, we ensure that they are fully supported throughout the application and interview process. Some degree courses, such as Law, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Medicine and entry into Oxbridge require additional tests, and the school will also support students through this process.
Students applying to universities with an early application deadline will work with specialist staff led by the Head of Year 13 in an 'Early Application' Mentor Group to ensure they are fully prepared for their application.
Through this group students will have access to the following support:
- 1:1 support with personal statements and interview preparation
- Workshops delivered by experienced external speakers
- Access to the cross-trust Oxbridge programme, bringing together students from across the three trust schools in subject specific groups to discuss and debate academic ideas and material.
- A one-to-one mock interview and personalised feedback a few weeks prior to the interview at Oxford or Cambridge.
- Numerous ‘drop-in’ opportunities with the Head of Year 13.
Destinations for our Year 13 students at the end of 2023 were:
|1st Choice University||89%|
|Planned gap year||6%|
Our students are extremely successful at the end of Year 13, whether applying for apprenticeships, employment or university.
Here are the universities they went on to and what they are studying.