Applying to University
Our Higher Education programme provides a step-by-step guide through the process of researching options and making successful applications.
We have specialist programmes available for those going into medicine or teaching and for students looking to apply for a place at Oxford or Cambridge.
We have a team of experienced staff who provide support to students undertaking the UCAS process. Our intensive UCAS preparation begins in Year 12 and by Year 13 our students are ready to complete their applications before many other institutions have even begun!
What this means is that not only can this lessen the stress of the application process but it has also meant that our students are often given earlier offers for the universities that were in their top choices.
Oxbridge and Russell Group
For those students wishing to apply for to university, we ensure that they are fully supported throughout the application and interview process. Some degree courses, such as Law, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Medicine and entry into Oxbridge require additional tests, and the school will also support students through this process.
Students applying to universities with an early application deadline will work with specialist staff led by the Head of Year 13 in an 'Early Application' Mentor Group to ensure they are fully prepared for their application.
Through this group students will have access to the following support:
- 1:1 support with personal statements and interview preparation
- Workshops delivered by experienced external speakers
- Access to the cross-trust Oxbridge programme, bringing together students from across the three trust schools in subject specific groups to discuss and debate academic ideas and material.
- A one-to-one mock interview and personalised feedback a few weeks prior to the interview at Oxford or Cambridge.
- Numerous ‘drop-in’ opportunities with the Head of Year 13.
What is UCAS?
UCAS is the organisation responsible for connecting people to UK higher education.
For more information visit the government website.
Advice for Parents
Visit www.opendays.com to find out the different days you can attend a university.