The uniform and the manner in which it is worn is a reflection on the school and its standards. Carshalton High School for Girls believes in the highest standards, the highest aspirations and the highest expectations in all aspects of school life.
All students are responsible for ensuring that they present themselves neatly and adhering to the requirements of the uniform code. Students are representatives of Carshalton High School for Girls; therefore uniform should be worn in the correct manner on the way to and from school, throughout the school day and on school journeys (unless otherwise instructed).
Blazer and checked blouse are all compulsory items, V-neck jumper is optional (but no other jumper can be worn).
The CHSG hooded PE top is available as an optional item for the colder months.
All uniform items should be clearly marked with the student’s name.
PE Kit Bag
All students must use the branded blue drawstring bag to bring their PE kit to and from school. We will provide every student with this bag on their first day back in September.
If the PE bag is lost, a replacement must be bought for £1 from the School. Students will have to speak to their Year Leader and payment will be via the ParentPay system.
Items that must be brought from our suppliers are blazer, pullover, blouse and PE kit. All other items can be purchased from another supplier as long as they meet the school uniform criteria.
Why we believe school uniform is important
- It identifies students as belonging to the school and helps in the creation of a school community - the wearing of school uniforms emphasises membership and group identity, fostering a community spirit;
- It provides a framework for young people who need to learn that different dress codes are required for different circumstances and prepares many for a work environment where formal dress is required;
- It avoids the excesses of competition in fashionable/designer label clothes which many families cannot afford;
- The wearing of school uniforms helps students to realise that a person’s unique gifts and personality traits go deeper than their apparel and aren’t diminished by uniform dress;
- It is perceived positively by prospective parents;
- Wearing of school uniforms prevents the formation of dress-identified cliques.
- Smart appearance is increasingly an important aspect of modern life and instils self-confidence and a sense of personal respect;
- There is clear evidence that students who are self-disciplined with regard to their uniform apply the same self-discipline to other aspects of school i.e. homework and personal organisation.
- Most significantly, all of the above can have a positive impact on a student’s progress in school
Supply of School Uniform
Uniform will officially be available to order from our new supplier's website, or from their shop in Worcester Park on 2nd January 2023.
Schoolwear Inc Ltd
198 - 202 Cheam Common Road
T: 020 3051 7488