Reading with Year 8
Year 8 students have been celebrating Story Telling and the importance of reading for pleasure.
- Reading is food for the brain
- Reading makes you more confident
- Books are the worlds cheapest travel agents
- Reading broadens your horizons
- Reading reduces stress
- Reading improves your focus, memory and makes your more likely to achieve success
- Reading improves school performance
Naveena and Erika read this poem for us:
The more you read,
The more you know.
The more you know,
The smarter you grow.
The smarter you grow,
The stronger your voice,
When speaking your mind
or making your choice.
Luxi 8PK2 talked us about how powerful she had found 'Wonder' by R J Palacio,
Khrishendhiri 8PK2 talked to us about why she loves reading so much and why she enjoys being able to access books from the LRC that she would not normally be able to read. She talked to us about two of her favourite books that she has enjoyed reading this year.
Krishendhiri was also awarded with her Millionaire Word badge as she has read more that 1 million words since the beginning of this academic year. What an amazing achievement. Very well done!