Welcome to the CHSG House System
The House system is a strong feature of the school and this facilitates girls mixing across year groups, to foster friendly but fierce competition. We want to inspire our girls, highlight potential opportunities, and motivate them to greatness with our termly focus on powerful and influential female role models
We have a hope that the House system encourages the opportunities for a greater student voice and helps to sustain the culture of kindness and excellence that we strive for at CHSG.
Our aim is to provide every student in the school with the following:
- A sense of belonging within the school community
- Opportunities for leadership
- A chance to develop social and practical skills
- A sense of achievement and competition
- An awareness of individual and collective responsibility
House System Organisation
We have four houses:
Heads of House:
Mrs A Bignall
We have a vertically integrated house structure where students are allocated a house on their first day of Year 7 which then will remain in until they leave in Year 11.
Each tutor group with have a House Captain who will act as representatives for their House at house events, help co-ordinate and plan activities and attend House meetings.
Each house is in competition with each other to gain as many House achievement points as possible. At the end of every academic year the total points earned by the students of each house (including House achievement points) are tallied up and the House with the highest points total wins the coveted House Cup, which was specially designed and made by our Art and Technology department.
How can students contribute to their House?
- House Events – Students are rewarded with a house point when they attend any house event. In addition, house points will be allocated to the winning house during certain events. All houses have the opportunity to win either 20, 15, 10 or 5 additional points depending on the success of each house during competitions.
- House Achievement Points – Excellent effort relating to learning, whether at school or home, will result in an allocation of HAPS being awarded. HAPS totals are added to the total house points at the end of the year.
- Extra-Curricular Clubs – Students who attend extra-curricular clubs and activities will be allocated house points to celebrate their effort and commitment to their education.
- LRC Book Loans – All students have access to the LRC and will gain a house point for every book they borrow and return.
Events and Activities (Currently suspended due to the restrictions of the Covid-19 Protocols)
House Events 2021-2022
The House System is always actively looking to improve and enhance the House system. If you have any ideas or would like to contribute to the House system, please contact: