The uniform and the manner in which it is worn is a reflection on the school and its standards. Carshalton High School for Girls believes in the highest standards, highest aspirations and the highest expectations in all aspects of school life.
All students are responsible for ensuring that they present themselves neatly and adhering to the requirements of the uniform code. Students are representatives of Carshalton High School for Girls; therefore uniform should be worn in the correct manner on the way to and from school, throughout the school day and on school journeys (unless otherwise instructed).
Carshalton High School for Girls has a uniform because:
- It identifies students as belonging to the school and helps in the creation of a school community - the wearing of school uniforms emphasises membership and group identity, fostering a community spirit;
- It provides a framework for young people who need to learn that different dress codes are required for different circumstances and prepares many for a work environment where formal dress is required;
- It avoids the excesses of competition in fashionable/designer label clothes which many families cannot afford;
- The wearing of school uniforms helps students to realise that a person’s unique gifts and personality traits go deeper than their apparel and aren’t diminished by uniform dress;
- It is perceived positively by prospective parents;
- Wearing of school uniforms prevents the formation of dress-identified cliques.
- Smart appearance is increasingly an important aspect of modern life and instils self confidence and a sense of personal respect;
- There is clear evidence that students who are self-disciplined with regard to their uniform apply the same self discipline to other aspects of school i.e. homework and personal organisation.
- Most significantly, all of the above can have a positive impact on a student’s progress in school
It is expected that parents support the school uniform policy as per the Home School Agreement and are urged to telephone the school if there is any query.
All uniform items should be clearly marked with the student’s name.
Supply of School Uniform
The School outfitters: ‘Trutex’, 140 Central Road, Worcester Park, KT4 8HH. Tel: 020 8337 6230.
Opening Hours: MON-SAT 9.30-5.30 - CLOSED ALL DAY WEDNESDAY
Trutex do provide a whole range at competitive prices, enabling everything to be bought in one visit. Alternatively you can shop online by clicking here.
Items that must be brought from our suppliers are blazer, pullover, blouse and PE kit. All other items can be purchased from another supplier as long as they meet the school uniform criteria.
Have a closer look.... .
A full list of uniform is available in the Uniform Policy below: