The uniform and the manner in which it is worn is a reflection on the school and its standards. Carshalton High School for Girls believes in the highest standards, highest aspirations and the highest expectations in all aspects of school life.
All students are responsible for ensuring that they present themselves neatly and adhering to the requirements of the uniform code. Students are representatives of Carshalton High School for Girls; therefore uniform should be worn in the correct manner on the way to and from school, throughout the school day and on school journeys (unless otherwise instructed).
Carshalton High School for Girls has a uniform because:
- It identifies students as belonging to the school and helps in the creation of a school community - the wearing of school uniforms emphasises membership and group identity, fostering a community spirit;
- It provides a framework for young people who need to learn that different dress codes are required for different circumstances and prepares many for a work environment where formal dress is required;
- It avoids the excesses of competition in fashionable/designer label clothes which many families cannot afford;
- The wearing of school uniforms helps students to realise that a person’s unique gifts and personality traits go deeper than their apparel and aren’t diminished by uniform dress;
- It is perceived positively by prospective parents;
- Wearing of school uniforms prevents the formation of dress-identified cliques.
- Smart appearance is increasingly an important aspect of modern life and instils self confidence and a sense of personal respect;
- There is clear evidence that students who are self-disciplined with regard to their uniform apply the same self discipline to other aspects of school i.e. homework and personal organisation.
- Most significantly, all of the above can have a positive impact on a student’s progress in school
It is expected that parents support the school uniform policy as per the Home School Agreement and are urged to telephone the school if there is any query.
All uniform items should be clearly marked with the student’s name.
Supply of School Uniform
The School outfitters: ‘Trutex’, 140 Central Road, Worcester Park, KT4 8HH. Tel: 020 8337 6230.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trutex Opening Times from Monday 5th October 2020
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday: 9.30-5.30pm
Wednesday, Thursday: Closed
Free delivery to the school will commence from Monday 5th October. Deliveries will be made every Monday during term time. See ordering T&Cs online.
As well as purchasing uniform in store, online ordering is available for click and collect (or free delivery to the school).
A full list of school uniform is available at the bottom of this page.
Purchase of Uniform during Lockdown
Trutex will be opening their store for the sale of uniform from:
Due to government guidelines to maintain social distancing we will be operating an appointment only system
- APPOINTMENTS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO BOOK VIA OUR WEBSITE: http://www.casualschoolwear.co.uk
- CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON FOR YOUR SCHOOL OR REQUIREMENTS
- A LIST OF TIMES AND DATES WILL SHOW AVAILABILTY
- FOLLOW THE PROMPTS TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE ON TIME AS LATENESS COULD LOSE YOUR TIME SLOT
- WE ARE ONLY ALLOWING ONE ADULT One CHILD IN AT ANY TIME PER APPOINTMENT THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO
- HAND SANITISERS ARE AVAILABLR FOR CUSTOMER USE AND FACE COVERINGS MUST BE WORN (Children under 11 exempt)
- SOME STAFF WILL BE WEARING FACE MASKS AND GLOVES AND PRATICING SAFE DISTANCING
- ALTHOUGH THE GOVERNMENT ARE ADVISING AGAINST CHANGING ROOMS OURS WILL BE OPEN FOR CUSTOMER USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
- WE WILL BE IMPLEMENTING SANATISING AND CLEANING AFTER EACH CUSTOMER VISIT
- ALL CLOTHES THAT ARE TRIED ON AND NOT PURCHASED WILL BE SANITISED AND STEAM CLEANED BEFORE BEING OFFERED FOR SALE AGAIN
One new option we are introducing on ordering on our website while we are closed is an
- FREE DELIVERY TO YOUR HOME
- ORDERS OVER £100 WILL RECEIVE A £20 VOUCHER TO SPEND INSTORE FROM 1ST OCTOBER - 28TH FEBRUARY (SPEND OVER £50)
Ordering will still be available on our website including
- MAIL ORDER POSTAGE APPLICABLE
- CLICK AND COLLECT FROM TRUTEX COLLECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- EXCHANGES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY BOTH BOOKABLE ON OUR WEBSITE
- SCHOOL DELIVERY WILL BE ON ADVISEMENT FROM THE SCHOOL
Purchase of Uniform during normal times
Opening Hours: MON-SAT 9.30-5.30
Trutex do provide a whole range at competitive prices, enabling everything to be bought in one visit. Alternatively you can shop online by clicking here.
Items that must be brought from our suppliers are blazer, pullover, blouse and PE kit. All other items can be purchased from another supplier as long as they meet the school uniform criteria.
Have a closer look.... .
Uniform for Years 7-10
Blazer, Jumper and checked blouse are all compulsory items available from Trutex of Worcester Park
For the academic year 2020-2021 please note the following changes to our uniform policy;
All students must now come to school with a plain, black rucksack of a suitable size. Rucksacks that are black but have visible logos on them are not permitted. The rucksack your daughter uses must be plain.
Embroidered School Bag
We intend to introduce a compulsory school bag, with embroidered logo over time. This can be purchased from Trutex, our uniform supplier, and will cost £25.
For each current year group the following applies:
Current Year 7s and 8s (Years 8 and 9 in September 2020)
The school bag with embroidered logo will be compulsory from September 2021.
For the school year 2020-21 students have the option of either:
- Using a plain, black rucksack of suitable size with no visible logos, or,
- Purchasing the embroidered school bag from Trutex
Please be aware that due to Covid-19 and the subsequent disruption of supply lines between China and the UK the bag will have to be paid for in advance and then distributed to students on the first day back in September. We will update you over the summer if there is any delay in the delivery of these and our contingency plans.
Current Year 9s and 10s (Years 10 and 11 in September 2020)
There is no requirement for these students to have the school bag with embroidered CHSG logo at all.
Students in these year groups will still be required to have a plain, black rucksack of suitable size and no visible logos from September 2020.
New Year 7 2020-2021
New Year 7 students will be required to have the school bag with embroidered CHSG logo.
PE Kit Bag
All students must use the branded blue drawstring bag to bring their PE kit to and from school. We will provide every student with this bag on their first day back in September.
If the PE bag is lost, a replacement must be bought for £1 from the School. Students will have to speak to their Year Leader and payment will be via the ParentPay system.
Previously students in Year 11 were allowed to wear two earrings in one ear. From 2020-2021 that will no longer be the case.
All students are allowed to wear one small pair of plain gold or silver studs no more than 5mm in diameter only, with one earring in each ear only. Many students will choose not to wear any earrings at all. The only other jewellery that may be worn is a wrist watch or a religious necklace which must be worn out of sight inside the blouse or jumper.
There are no changes to the requirements for student’s footwear. However, a guide is below to clarify the correct shoes for students.
Click below for a full list of school uniform