PE in the Sixth Form
BTEC: National Extended Certificate in Sport
Introduction to the subject: You will study three mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry.
There is one optional unit which has been designed to support choices in progression to sport courses in higher education, and to link with relevant occupational areas.
What board do we follow?
What is the course about?
- Grade 4 or above in PE, English and combined science
- Must take part in sport outside of school
Progression and career opportunities:
- University courses
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development
- Facilities Management
- Sports Science
- Sports Nutrition
- PE teacher
- Sports Marketing
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Journalism
- Physical Therapist
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Sports Physiotherapy