Enquiry About Results
If students have concerns regarding their overall subject grade after publication of results they must speak to their subject teacher immediately.
If the subject teacher thinks that there has been an error with the grade awarded s/he should speak to the Curriculum Leader (CL)
- CL will contact the Examination Officer for advice on the different Enquiry About Results (EAR) services available, fees, deadline dates and collects the EAR form and the candidate consent form.
- CL will ensure that the student understands that the marks/grade could go up or down, the different EAR services available and must sign the Candidate Consent Form.
- CLL will give the EAR form and Candidate Consent Form to the Examination Officer for submission to the Awarding Body.
- The Exams Officer will inform the FL/CL when the EAR has been completed and the final outcome. The CL will inform the student of the outcome.
- If the CL still has concerns regarding the outcome of an EAR and wishes to Appeal the Awarding Bodies decision; then the Appeals procedure available for centres in the JCQ Post-Results Services booklet will be followed.
- At the end of the Appeal procedure the CL will inform the student of the final outcome.
If the teacher believes the student has been awarded the right grade in view of the student’s capabilities.
S/he will advise the candidate/parent/carer and no action will be taken.
If the student/ parent/carer still expresses a wish for an EAR to be submitted by the school against the professional judgement of the teacher, it is possible to submit an Appeal but the payment must be paid by the student/parent/carer:
- A cheque for the EAR fee payable to 'Carshalton High School for Girls' along with the type of EAR requested and the Candidate Consent Form should be sent to the Exams Officer as soon as possible.
- The Examination Boards decision after EAR is final and no appeal will be made by the school.