The Carshalton High School for Girls curriculum prioritises embedding a culture of learning with opportunities to achieve far beyond limitations.
Students are challenged and supported to be knowledgeable, inquisitive, resilient, and empowered young women.
The curriculum provides parameters for effective and consistent pedagogy while promoting autonomy for each individual component subject’s unique demands.
It builds and develops students' knowledge, skills and abilities coherently to inspire success and encourage aspiration in preparation for the next stage, regardless of what that might be.
Our curriculum is crafted to fulfil the demands of the national curriculum yet goes far beyond this to invigorate and enrich the overall student experience, therefore unlocking the potential of all.
- RELEVANCE: provides content that is relevant, interesting and appropriately challenging to students
- COHERENCE: builds and sequences knowledge, in a coherent manner combining both depth and breadth
- COMMUNICATION: develops the ability to communicate with increasing effectiveness and sophistication
- CONFIDENCE: supports the development of confidence and self-regulation in facing the challenges of learning and life
- INSPIRATION: inspires students to become lifelong learners and active, responsible citizens