GCSE Results Day - 20th August
This year our GCSE results day will look a little different to previous years due to the current guidelines on social distancing.
We still want to celebrate with our students and be able to congratulate them face to face on their achievements and so would like to invite them in to school to collect their results. We believe that the hard work and effort the students have put into studying the GCSE courses must be commended even though their exams were cancelled.
Students will be able to come on site between 9am and 10am via their allocated entrance. They must ensure they enter and exit by this route and stick to the routes laid out for them. Unfortunately, we cannot allow parents to accompany their daughters onto the premises, but they are welcome to wait in the neighbouring park.
- Where possible we advise students to walk or cycle to school and avoid public transport as much as possible. Social distancing of 2 metres is mandatory throughout the school.
- Students who have any symptoms of Covid-19 must not attend and any student who tests positive for Covid-19 after being in school for results day, must notify us immediately.
- We have split the year group into groups alphabetically, please see below for students' entrance and exit route:
- Students with surnames starting with the letters A, B, C and D will enter through the main gate and head to the main hall via the area between student entrance and C block. (Peach letter)
- Students with surnames starting with the letters E, F, G, H, I and J will enter through the Colston Avenue gate (Carshalton Athletic FC entrance) and go directly to the sports hall. (Green letter)
- Students with surnames starting with the letters K, L and M will enter through the main gate and go directly to the canteen. (Pink letter)
- Students with surnames starting with the letters N, O, P, Q, R and S will enter through the back gate (normally the exit for cars) and go directly to the gym and enter from the back door. (Blue letter)
- Students with surnames starting with the letters T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z will enter through the park gate and go to the main playground /Snack Shack area. Please queue up in the park adjacent to the school to keep separate from the main gate group. (Orange letter)
When students receive their results envelopes, there will be a letter enclosed indicating whether she has been awarded a place at our Sixth Form. If their option choices remain the same then they should tick, sign and place this form in the box as they leave.
If a student wishes to take up their place with us but has decided to change their options, they just need to indicate their new subject choices (grades dependent) and place this in the box and someone will contact them to confirm these choices on the same day.
However, in the instance where they have not secured a place in our Sixth Form we will have a careers advisor on site should they need some guidance.
We really look forward to seeing our Year 11 students on20th August but any student who knows in advance that she will not be available then please email Mrs Durrett at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to have the results emailed. Please note that this may be later in the day.
If you have any questions or queries at this stage, please do not hesitate to get in touch.