Year 11 Mock Exams
The mock examinations that were scheduled for February will not go ahead at the scheduled time.
There may still be some form of mock at a later date and so students are encouraged to continue to revise and keep learning so they are prepared if and when the time comes.
We are still awaiting further guidance from the Department for Education about how grades will be awarded since it was announced that the summer GCSE examinations have been cancelled.
What we do know is that it will be based on some kind of teacher assessment and once we know more about what this will involve we will inform parents and students. This postponement gives students the chance to shine and continue to demonstrate to teachers what they can do. To ensure students are ready for whatever form these teacher assessments involve they should attend to the following:
- Attend all lessons, online and when back in school.
- Complete all classwork and homework that is set.
- Send work in for marking if a teacher has requested you to do so – this might be used as evidence of your ability in the subject.
- Ensure you are completing all coursework if not done so already.
- Continue to work to deadlines that are set.
- Respond to feedback given by your teachers and make the necessary improvements. Teachers will not be sharing grades with students going forward but will provide feedback on your progress and actions for improvement. This is actually much more valuable.
- Ensure you are keeping a good sleeping routine, your brains need about nine hours of sleep to fully function at the level demanded of you at GCSE.
If students experience IT issues or anything preventing them from attending lessons, please contact Mrs Durrett, Assistant Headteacher or a member of the Year 11 team straight away. They are available to help and email addresses are available on the Contact U:s area: Staff Directory.
Our key message to students is to continue to put in the effort shown since moving into Year 11, keep on top of the coursework and ensure they are completing everything. Our goal is a successful outcome at the end of Year 11 for every student and this is wholly achievable by every single one.
Mrs P Durrett, Assistant Headteacher