The workshops are based around the theme of ‘Healthy relationships’ and took place over two days.
During the workshop the students explored a variety of issues that link to the theme ‘Healthy Relationships’ including:
- Identifying key elements of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Recognising early warning signs of unhealthy relationships
- Exploring the importance of equality and respect
- Understanding personal boundaries and consent
- Increasing self-confidence and empathy for others
- Increasing their awareness of human rights issues, e.g. FGM
- Developing awareness of where to seek or signpost support
The aim of the workshop was to empower students with the skills and confidence to build healthy and respectful relationships with others, and consider their own attitudes and behaviours in an age appropriate way.
The workshop finished with a performance delivered by the students who have taken part to an audience of other students from their year group. This performances allowed the students involved to educate their peers on the topics and issues they had covered during the workshops and these were well received by the year group.