Food Technology Year 7
In year 7 all students follow a 12 week Food Technology course which is an integral part of the Design and Technology curriculum. The module places a strong emphasis on developing a variety of practical skills in line with the revised National Curriculum and the Government's initiative ‘Licence to Cook’. All the work the students undertake is based around the national guidelines for healthy eating and focused on working hygienically and safely.
The focus in Year 7 Food Technology is to:
- Develop an understanding and application of hygiene and safety when working with food.
- Encourage students to become familiar with (and more confident in) the kitchen area.
- Develop an understanding of weighing and measuring ingredients.
- Encourage students to use equipment and materials to the best of their ability.
- Develop an understanding and application of using the cooker safely (grill, hob, oven).
- Develop an understanding and application of diet and health.
- Make students aware of the importance of nutrition.
- Promote an enjoyment of food
- Develop an understanding of how to develop, plan and cook a range of food products.
All Year 7 Recipes are available here.
Click on each recipe to download a .pdf