Year 10 Mock Exams & Study Leave
These examinations to be very important for a variety of reasons:
- The results are used to inform students, parents and staff of progress and attainment
- The marks and grades are used by staff to support future challenging but realistic target setting for individual students which we know raises expectations and achievement enabling each student to realise her potential
- The marks are carefully considered by staff as part of the evidence they use when drawing up candidates for GCSE tier entries
Year 10 students will have study leave for 5 days: Monday 20th June – Friday 24th June.
Girls return to normal lessons on Monday 27th June. Study leave means students only need to attend school for examinations. They must be in correct uniform. Students may use the LRC for quiet revision between examinations.
Students must comply with the following Examination Board regulations:
1. Year 10 exams are taken in the Hall and Gym. In the Hall complex we have no secure area for belongings. Therefore during study leave students must not bring bags as these cannot be taken into the exam rooms. Any student who forgets this will have to leave her bag outside the hall and we will take no responsibility for its security.
2. Mobile phones cannot be taken into the exam rooms and, therefore, students must not bring them to school during the exam period, as there is no safe place to store them.
3. Students may place keys under their chairs.
4. Students must arrive 15 minutes before the start of an examination.
The Mock Exam timetable is available for download at the bottom of this page.